Is it too late now to start the post with Happy New Year? Well it’s my first Workout of the year so Happy New Year everyone, it’s really great to be back for my third year!
After completing the first two workouts from this year (because I suck at Table Calculations), I wanted to continue on the theme of Table Calculations so I can get better at them. So this week is a mixture of things, but mainly focused on the Control Chart.
A control chart allows you to see points which are above or below a certain threshold, in this case we are using Standard Deviations.
- Dashboard Size: 900px by 700 px
- # of Sheets and Dashboards- up to you
- Create a weekly view of number of complaints by either Date Submitted or Date Received
- Show only the last X years
- If a week rolls into a new year, make sure the full week is in the prior year
- Create an Upper and Lower Limit reference band using X (1-3) Standard Deviations
- This should be different by each year and should use TABLE CALCULATIONS
- The coloured dots should be if it is outside the upper or lower limits
- Hide the controls with a button
- When selecting a mark, it should allow you to click to hyperlink to show the complaint details table filtered to that specific mark
- Add a back button to the complaint details page
- Match Tooltips
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2021 in your description to make it searchable!