Thanks to everyone who participated in Week 3 of #WorkoutWednesday – Power BI edition. If you are joining this week, you may want to revisit the first couple challenges as this week will continue to build on the data model we created in W01 and the basic KPI report that we built in W02 and W03. This week we are going to be adding in drill through capabilities to allow for further analysis of our NCAA Conference expenses and revenues.
- Create new tab called “School View.” Replace the [Conference Abb] fields in your bar charts with [School Abb].
- Create drill through from your Summary View tab to your School View tab.
- Add card to allow users to know what Conference they are viewing in the School View.
- Make sure your year slicers are not synced between the two pages.
- Figure out who contributed most the MAC losing so much money in 2016.
This week uses a data set that breaks down NCAA athletic department expenses and revenues by year. You can get it here at data.world. This is the same data set that was used in W01, W02, and W03.
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtags #WOW2021 and #PowerBI, and tag @JSBaucke, @MMarie, @shan_gsd and @dataveld. Also make sure to fill out the Submission Tracker so that we can count you as a participant this week in order to track our participation throughout the year.