Welcome to week 26 – the halfway mark of 2022! This week is pretty straightforward; how simple it will be is up to you 😀
I’ve always really liked using the relative date filter in Tableau but one thing that’s always irked me is that the anchor date is not dynamic – neither end-user nor data refresh will update the anchor date. But now that we have dynamic parameters AND parameter actions, this is now possible. So that’s what we’re going to do this week!
Using the out of the box relative date filter as a template, let’s make it dynamic!
- Dashboard Size: 1000 x 800px
- up to you
- Create a line chart showing the measure of your choice
- Recreate the relative date filter
- users select date part
- users select time period
- users can also select custom period lookup
- period to date
- Users input n periods
- Show the applied date range
- Allow users to change the precision of the date in the view
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2022 in your description to make it searchable!