This week we have teamed up with the Preppin Data team and the PBI team, to come up with a challenge cross over. As the Olympics is starting imminently we thought it would be appropriate to visualise the Olympic Schedule.
We would encourage you to take a look at all challenges this week to see the similarities and differences.
- Clean your data via the Preppin Data challenge
- Build a sport selector that you can add or remove sport groups
- Add Show Hide Button (2021.2)
- Build a schedule to show the qualifications and finals / medal ceremonies
- Build the Viz in Tooltip to show the specific events on that day
- Build another Viz in Tooltip to show ALL other sports on that day
- Add a parameter to change time zones
- Formatting and Design doesn’t need to fully match, be creative as long as the elements above are there!
Note: I noticed there were some events that didn’t have a medal ceremony, therefore I created another field which highlighted the finals (not semis or quarters), and the medal ceremony
Medal created in Figma:
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2021 in your description to make it searchable!