This month I’ve decided to focus on something you’ve rarely ever seen from me – a good old fashioned text table. This challenge should be straightforward for users of all levels.
And of course since I try to avoid plain text tables, this one has some fancy formatting thrown in for good measure.
There is one major criteria for this week – you may only use Measure Names and Measure Values.
- Dashboard Size: 1200px by 800 px
- # of Sheets – one (also NO text boxes)
- Create a text table with the following items
- CY Sales (you can hardcode as 2020 or create an LOD)
- LY Sales (2019)
- % Diff Sales
- Delta Sales
- CY vs LY result – check mark if CY > LY otherwise X
- Best sales date per month
- Worst sales date per month
- Formatting – red and green are from Traffic Light palette
A small hint: dates are numbers too!
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2021 in your description to make it searchable!