Sets, Glorious Sets. Was what I tweeted out earlier this week, as I was finishing off my IronViz entry for Europe! Sets and set actions are super powerful and there are so many use cases. This week we take a look at the Tableau Stock market, using the almighty SET ACTIONS, and obviously it includes VizInTooltips too! Enjoy!
- Dashboard size: 600 x 600
- Create a chart that shows the High and Low stock boundaries per week
- Show the Close value stock
- Allow user to switch between comparing the Average Stock and a Date
- Reference Lines
- If Average Close is selected, use the average close value ONLY
- If Date is selected
- Add a reference line for the selected week
- Have a reference line which shows the close value for that week
- Any point on the chart will change the date reference line to compare above and below
- If you select multiple points it will default to the max week in your selection
- Colour close stock based on above or below the Average Close or Selected date Close
- Headline stats showing the number of weeks above or below the Average Close or Selected date Close
- Viz in Tooltip to show a zoomed in shot of the range between high and low, with reference to the closing value. Also add context to the whole data set.
- Match all formatting
This week uses the Tableau Stock Market from Yahoo, but I have made accessible via Data.World
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration.
Track Your Progress
Also, don’t forget to track your progress using this Workout Wednesday form.