Hello again everyone! This week we are looking to add Reference Bands to our Scatter Plots in order to “group” together like items. Looking at NBA Players Total Games and Points spread.
- Dashboard size 920 x 825
- Players are grouped into 5 bins by Avg Points per Game
- 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29 and 30-34+
- Must create an interactive legend on the top right that can be used in a Dashboard Highlight
- The “Bands” are based on these bins from the Minimum number of points over X games to the Maximum number of points over X games.
- The Y Axis (Total Points) is fixed at 17,980 to 39,900 | The X Axis (Games) is fixed at 715 to 1667
- By default, the Top 10 Players (by points scored) will have Text Labels with their Rank, and name
- When highlighting players using the Points Bin Legend, only show Text Labels for the players in that bin
- Players that are marked as “active” should have a circle with an outer ring to separate them from inactive players.
Data from this week comes from Basketball-Reference via Jeff Planter. You can download the aggregated data here
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtag #WorkoutWednesday and tag @AnnUJackson, @LukeStanke, and @RodyZakovich. (Tag @VizWizBI too – he would REALLY love to see your work!)
Also, don’t forget to track your progress using this Workout Wednesday form.