This week we are changing things up and looking at a few different Tableau Features. While we all love data visualization, and dashboards, we can still find ourselves trying to slowly push the Excel users. In these cases, we find it helps to give them Tables, with some visual/interactive elements.
- Dashboard size should be 1000×600.
- Sub-Category on the Rows Shelf, and Year of Order Date on the Columns Shelf
- There are 3 measures, Sales, % of Total (in year) and % Difference
- Only the Sales Measure has color (which colors you use don’t matter, just that Sales is the only measure colored).
- Users can select a Year and a Measure and sort the table in Descending order by that measure in that year.
This week utilizes the superstore dataset. You can get it here at Data.World
As you complete this example, feel free to share on Twitter using the #WorkoutWednesday hashtag. Don’t forget to tag @RodyZakovich, @LukeStanke, and @Harris7Curtis. We really want to see your work.