For this weeks challenge we are doing a Live collaboration with Preppin’ Data. Where you work through the data prep and then use the outputs to build in Tableau. This is a live event happening on Wednesday 29th July 2020, 4pm BST.
The idea of the collaboration allows you to have a look inside the world of data prep,
This weeks Workout Wednesday challenge involves the new data model, so you will need 2020.2 (can be achieved using blending for earlier versions).
- Dashboard size 1000 x 700
- Using the 3 datasets create a relationship based on year and country
- Create a rank bump chart showing the top 10 countries over time based on their medal score (Gold = 3, Silver = 2 and Bronze = 1)
- Make sure the line doesn’t connect if they drop out of the top 10 for a couple of years
- Highlight where the host came using a star
- In the tooltip show how many Gold, Silver Bronze medals that country won and the top 10 medalists
- If the host didn’t make the top 10, show that with the crosses at the bottom
- Create a viz in tooltip that shows the top 10 countries and where the host country finished in Red if it was outside the top 10.
Note: Host Country Colours using Hue colour Palette
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2020 in your description to make it searchable!