Thanks to everyone who participated in Week 2 of #WorkoutWednesday – Power BI edition. If you are joining this week, you may want to revisit the first couple challenges as this week will build on the data model that we created in W01 and the basic KPI report that we built in W02. This week we are going to be adding a slicer and interactivity to our basic KPI report.
- Add a slicer for [Year] to the report.
- Edit Interactions for the slicer to have it only slice the KPIs and bar charts (not trends)
- Edit Interactions of the Conference breakdowns so that they filter the KPIs and Trends on click.
- Use colors to differentiate between metrics
- Figure out how much money the MAC conference made in 2016
This week uses a data set that breaks down NCAA athletic department expenses and revenues by year. You can get it here at data.world. This is the same data set that was used in W01.
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtags #WOW2021 and #PowerBI, and tag @JSBaucke, @MMarie, @shan_gsd and @dataveld. Also make sure to fill out the Submission Tracker so that we can count you as a participant this week in order to track our participation throughout the year.