This week I was challenged with building a chart which shows an Adjusted target and the missing pipeline if targets were not met. So I challenge you, can you adjust the targets and show missing pipeline from the adjusted target.
- Dashboard Size: 800 x 600 px
- # of Sheets – 3 or Less
- Use data BLENDING not JOINING for targets at monthly level
- Only show data for 2020.
- Show sales for everything that has been Closed Won vs the Actual Target for that month
- This should be up to but NOT including the current month
- Show sales for everything that has been closed won OR is in the pipeline (everything that isn’t closed) vs Target for that month
- This should include current month as opportunities are still in the pipeline
- Create the Adjusted Target
- This should be based on the sales value for Closed Won opportunities and the target value, for up to but NOT including the current month (April)
- The difference should then be distributed onto the remaining months (9)
- For example, if YTD sales = 1000 but the target = 1900, difference is 900. This should be distribute across the 9 remaining months which means adding 100 onto each month left.
- Plot as a dashed line
- Once you have adjusted target, you can then create the Missing Pipeline and add that to the chart.
- Finally create a legend to show what each colour means
- Match Tooltips
This week uses a made up dataset based on superstore. There is the sales pipeline and the monthly targets. You can get it here at data.world
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2020 in your description to make it searchable!