I am super happy that I have joined the team for Workout Wednesday and I am ready to set you some challenges. Sometimes people struggle using text only files. This week’s challenge will, hopefully, give you some ideas on how to use text only files.
Some of you may know that I am a big Rugby League fan, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to use my Rugby data. This weeks challenge is looking at Home v Away wins. I wanted to see which teams Win at home or Win away, or even both. With this chart I can easily see the number of Home and Away Wins, plus the losses and draws, and also with a running total of wins, draws and losses.
- Dashboard size: 1000 x 900. Only TWO sheets!
- Each point is a Round.
- Home games are UP and Away games are DOWN.
- Scores: Win = 3, Lose = 1 and Draw = 2
- Colour based on Win, Lose and Draw.
- Lines are a running total of Win, Lose and Draws per team.
- Teams are sorted by Total Wins.
- Labels show Percentages related to Wins and Losses only. For Total, Home and Away.
- Create a Legend so show how to read.
- Match Colours, Formatting and Tooltips.
This week uses Rugby League Data. You can get it here at data.world
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public, make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration
Track your progress
Also, don’t forget to track your progress using this Workout Wednesday Form.
- The legend is based upon my Favourite Rugby League Team