community

#WOW2023 | Week 15 | Can you create Digital Signage with Tableau?

Introduction It’s Community Month once again here at #WOW2023 which means we have a guest coach. I wanted to use this opportunity to connect with our global community. Without a doubt, the most active group of challenge participants I see on Twitter, beyond those in anglophone countries, are the #DataSaber community based in Japan. I …

#WOW2023 | Week 15 | Can you create Digital Signage with Tableau? Read More

#WOW2023 | Week 3 | Calculating Year-On-Year Percentage Change

Introduction This week’s challenge is one I’ve been waiting to share with you. It has a bit of everything, so I hope you enjoy it! The goal is to visualize the Sales in a given year for different countries in Europe, with an indicator in the tooltip to identify whether this value has increased or …

#WOW2023 | Week 3 | Calculating Year-On-Year Percentage Change Read More

#WOW2022 | Week 50 | Interactive Proportional Brushing

Introduction This is my last challenge of the year and what better way to round things off than with everyone’s favourite chart – the bar chart – but let’s make it “sexy”. Bar charts may be simple but when you combine them with some interactive highlighting and sorting you can create something quite dynamic which …

#WOW2022 | Week 50 | Interactive Proportional Brushing Read More

#WOW2022 | Week 45 | Average Patient Waittimes

Introduction This week’s challenge was derived from a project that I helped some colleagues with. My colleagues were working on a client project for a travel company. They wanted to be able to compare a selected “Event Date” with an average travel day. The aim was to see if and how travel patterns might be …

#WOW2022 | Week 45 | Average Patient Waittimes Read More

#WOW2022 W43: Advanced Formatting by Jeremy Anderson

Introduction Conditional formatting is a robust feature in Power BI that you can leverage to help users gain insights. Typically, we see conditional formatting applied to the table and matrix visuals. For example, you might apply a background color, font color, or icons to the values based on a set of rules.  Conditional formatting of …

#WOW2022 W43: Advanced Formatting by Jeremy Anderson Read More

Scroll to Top