If your schedule is anything like mine, then you’re probably enjoying the summer months – using vacation time, nicer weather, summer holidays, and a generally more relaxed schedule. To help keep that vibe going, this week I’m challenging you to a very straightforward build. This is an extremely simplified version of something I recently built and leverages new features Tableau has brought us this year.
Your challenge is to build a 4 block set of KPIs (maybe Big Numbers is more appropriate) that upon clicking drills into bar charts showing Sales by the chosen dimension. Nothing overly fancy here – just a hands on opportunity to rethink how you can use navigation to create better analytical tools.
- Dashboard size: 600 x 600, # of sheets is up to you
- Create a 4 block of KPI/BANs representing the distinct count of
- Cities + State combo
- Product Name
- Order IDs
- Users should be able to click on a box and navigate to a bar chart that shows Sales by the chosen dimension
- Match formatting (and I’ve turned off all tooltips this week!)
- Colors come from Hue Circle
This week uses the superstore dataset for Tableau 2019.1. You can get it here at data.world
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration.
Track Your Progress
Also, don’t forget to track your progress using this Workout Wednesday form.