Ohhhh it’s time for some shiny new features! Parameter actions dropped last week and what a hit they have been! People are republishing their work using the new feature! So I hope you’ve had time to practice them a little bit because we’re about to hit the ground running with them!
- Dashboard size: 700 x 700
- Create a small multiple Pareto chart based on sub category, sales and number of orders
- Create a parameter to select which measure you want to compare against (Sales or Orders)
- Add in reference lines on both axis
- When sales is selected, there should be a % reference line across the Y axis, with the X axis reference line being the point of interception on the pareto, and when orders is selected, there should be a % reference line across the X axis, with the Y axis reference line being the point of that interception.
- Use Parameter Actions ONLY to change those reference lines on hover
- Match tooltips and colours.
- Make sure your title is dynamic too
This week uses the superstore dataset for Tableau 2019.1. You can get it here at data.world
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration.
Track Your Progress
Also, don’t forget to track your progress using this Workout Wednesday form.