This week we are taking a page from the Tableau team and looking at how a metric has changed from the value at a specified reference date.
- Create a line chart showing percent change of the close price from a selected date.
- Use a slicer or other visual to allow users to change the reference date.
- Use conditional formatting to display the selected reference date in the title of the line chart.
- Instead of a legend, display the series label at the end of each line.
- Add a vertical reference line to the line chart that marks the selected reference date.
This week’s data comes from Yahoo Stocks API. We are using the data that Lorna collected and made available on Data.World.
Dataset ID: wow22w3-stocks-jan22
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtags #WOW2022 and #PowerBI, and tag @JSBaucke, @MMarie, @shan_gsd, @KerryKolosko, and @NerdyWithData. Also make sure to fill out the Submission Tracker so that we can count you as a participant this week in order to track our participation throughout the year.