The goal is a modified mekko chart. My guess is you will need LODs to solve but it is 100% possible with table calculations.
- Dashboard Size: 800px by 400 px
- Set the bar height to be percent profitable. The level of analysis should be at the sub-category and order level.
- The lower bar should be one minus the percent profitable.
- Set the bar width to be percent of total sales (I’ll be watching your axes to tell me if you’ve done this!)
- Order the bars by the percent profitable metric then on the percent of total sales.
- Add labels and format.
- Add animation.
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2021 in your description to make it searchable!