At the last North West Tableau User Group, I watched a presentation from Ryan Lowers and Nathan Leather where they looked at using parameters as a data source. You can see their workbook here. So this week we are focusing on using Parameters as a Data Source. How can we add data to the current data we have. The dashboard focuses in on Sales, current, forecasts and targets.
- Dashboard Size: 1000px by 500 px
- # of Sheets – up to you
- Create a bar chart that shows 2019 sales
- That shows Target, 2019 sales and Forecast values on labels
- TARGET should be
- Furniture_270000:Office Supplies_260000:Technology_250000:
- Add targets as a gant chart sales
- Use a parameter to input a sales increase for a selected category
- When you enter a sales increase figure and click a category on the left it will add a new bar to the sales chart, to show the new forecast sales
- Use a parameter to update sales targets when a category is clicked on the right
- Add a reset button for both the sales forecast and targets.
- Make sure selections automatically deselect
- Calculate percent change for current value and target, and forecast value and target.
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2020 in your description to make it searchable!