Valentine’s Day is officially tomorrow.
This data set looks at percentage of people buying a particular gift. This week I wanted to focus in on building a few things; using the button functionality, sheet swapping and finally a radar chart (because why not). Many Many people have been waiting for the button functionality and I haven’t had a use case to use them since they came out, and because I can’t use them at work due to being a couple of versions behind. Sheet swapping is a great little trick that I use regularly, it allows you to see the same data in different ways and finally I recently built a radar chart as a personal profile for a business dashboard with 20 segments, but the same calculations apply.
- 2 Dashboards (800×800), 6 sheets.
- 1st Dashboard
- I want to see Tableau’s Love Heart Radar Chart. With a parameter to change the text at the bottom
- This contains the first button to the next dashboard
- Button image can be found in Your Tableau Repository, Shapes, Arrows
- 2nd Dashboard
- A parameter to enable users to change between Radar and Line Chart
- A custom made legend only showing when Radar is selected
- Each POLYGON is a Year, and each point is an Item
- Match Colours, Fonts and Formatting.
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration.
Track Your Progress
Also, don’t forget to track your progress using this Workout Wednesday form.
Use this blog post for advice on building Radar Charts