- Dashboard size 1000×800
- All elements should be in a vertical container, except for the filter
- Provide 150px padding on all sides of the vertical container
- Make sure values display the degrees symbol as a suffix
- Axis should display marks every 20 degrees, and should provide context to the reader at the top most mark
- Add a reference line for the current month, that will update automatically as the year goes on
- Add a circle over the point in the lines that represents the current month’s average temp
- Add a label for the hottest city, in the current month, for all of the cities in the view
- If you filter out Phoenix, the label should move to Salt Lake City
- Add a simple color legend that updates as the filter changes
- Turn off tooltips – not necessary for the challenge
Solution VideoIf you need some help, check out the solution video!
ShareAfter you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtag #WorkoutWednesday2019 and tag @AnnUJackson, @LukeStanke, @lorna_eden, and @curtisharris_!
Track your progressAlso, don’t forget to track your progress using this Workout Wednesday form.
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration.