After four amazing challenges from the Tableau Community, we are back in the drivers seat to provide you with this week’s challenge! For your challenge this week, we are focused on interactivity over anything else; This week is simply about getting to know the tool and being creative with your data solutions. So can you build a simple line chart, with a custom axis and tracking reference lines?
Click animation to open on Tableau Public
Superstore data provided in Tableau 2019.2
- Dashboard size 1000×800
- Filter to the “last 3 years”
- Build a custom axis that acts as a control mechanism for the reference lines
- If a month is a start of a quarter, display the month, display a dot if not
- Make sure the last month in the line is displayed, even though it isn’t a start of a quarter
- Build a reference line that show the highest month in sales
- Build a reference line that updates as you hover over each month in the custom axis
- Build a reference line that updates to show the sales for the highlighted month
- Match formatting and tooltips
If you need some help, check out the solution video!
Track your progress
Also, don’t forget to track your progress using this Workout Wednesday form.
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration.