It feels like it has been a very long time since my last Workout Wednesday, but here I am with my last one of the year. I thought we would have a little bit of fun with some Christmas Songs Data. The data contains top 200 songs everyday from 31/10 to 31/12. This currently is for the UK, but if you message me I can get the data for Global or a particular country ( Hope you enjoy it.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Here’s to 2021!!
- 4Dashboard Size: 1400px by 800 px
- 3 Sheets
- Create a dot plot with top 200 songs for everyday for 2019 and 2020
- Make the Christmas Songs bigger
- Highlight your top 3 Christmas songs and see if they came earlier this year compared to last
- Show the number of Christmas songs over time sized by number of streams
- Show your selected 3 songs and whether they came earlier or later than previous year
- Finally, at the top of the dot plot, is the star of the tree which tells me how many Christmas songs were in the top 200 for that day.
- Add in a set control, to allow others to select which songs they want to see
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2020 in your description to make it searchable!