I was scrolling thru my Twitter timeline and noticed a comment by fellow Zen Master Simon Beaumont to #MakeoverMonday co-lead Charlie Hutcheson regarding tables, specifically the kind to track teams and the results of matches in the English Premier League (which are a group of the highest level teams that play football/soccer in England).
Well, this table (or at least parts of it) are the inspiration for this week’s challenge.
- Dashboard Size: 800px by 700 px
- # of Sheets – up to you
- Create a table that shows:
- Total matches played
- Total Wins
- Total Ties
- Total Losses
- Create a bar chart showing the total points earned
- 3 points for a win
- 1 point for a tie
- 0 points for a loss
- Create a visual showing the outcomes of the last 5 matches where the most recent is on the right side.
- Data Help
- HomeTeam: The team playing on their own field
- AwayTeam: The team not playing on their own field
- FTHG: Total goals for the home team
- FTAG: Total goals for the away team
- Date: Date of the match
- Finishing Elements
- Sort by total points
- Make sure the table looks seamless
- Match tooltips, which are pretty simple
- Match formatting
- Use your choice of colors
When you publish your solution on Tableau Public make sure to take the time and include a link to the original inspiration. Also include the hashtag #WOW2020 in your description to make it searchable!