I’m back after a semi-extended leave, but hoping I have a good challenge for everyone.
I love working with Dates, and have come across all sorts of use cases for comparing like-wise periods of time. The challenge below covers a use-case of trying to compare a Custom Date range, to the same number of days previous period.
- User can select a Start and End date for the Current Period
- The “Previous Period” contains the same number of days as the Current Period, and ends the Day before the Start Date
- Both the “Current” and “Previous” Periods must be on the same Date Axis (No dual Axis!)
- The Current Period must be distinguishable from the previous period
- Must show the Current Period Range, as well as, the Prior Period Range
You can superstore data on data.world.
After you finish your workout, share on Twitter using the hashtag #WorkoutWednesday and tag @VizWizBI, @AnnUJackson, @LukeStanke, and @RodyZakovich. (Tag @VizWizBI too – he would REALLY love to see your work!)